Category Archives: Awards
I’ve been nominated for the Reality Blog Award courtesy of madoqua. If you haven’t visited his blog yet, please take a moment and check it out. Wonderful stories about the places he’s visited with some amazing photographs. He almost always includes a little tidbit of inside information which makes me feel like I’m right there along for the ride.
Some samples of his work…
A big thanks to madoqua for the Reality Award nomination. I am truly honored.
There are a lot of misconceptions infertile’s are facing. And part of the reason they continue to exist is the lack of a dialogue about infertility. Because it’s so painful for us. To be looked at as less than a man or woman because we’re unable to have a child. Suffering ridiculous suggestions by others, knowing you’ve done things 10 times more ridiculous hoping for parenthood. Dealing with our own demons every time someone announces a pregnancy. All the while being subjected to questions on why we’re still childless. We hide our infertility to protect ourselves. And that’s okay. I certainly don’t begrudge anyone for staying in the shadows.
But this is why these misconceptions continue. Before I found out I was infertile, I associated the IVF procedure as something celebrities and rich people did to have children. Never considered it could be one of my neighbors. I remember thinking how sad two married college professors chose never to have children. Never occurred to me that maybe they couldn’t.
Our stories need to be heard so others might understand. In order for Infertility Awareness to occur, there must be a discussion. Before one side can listen, the other must speak.
That is my hope for this blog. If I can keep this blog interesting for those not dealing with infertility, maybe something good can be accomplished. If I can reach those still in the shadows and support them in their journey, then this is all worth it.
We are your neighbors, your coworkers, your friends and maybe even your family…and we suffer in silence.
Onto the questions.
If you could change something what would you change?
It’s still wishing I enjoyed exercise.
If you could relive one day, when would it be?
The last time I visited my paternal Grandmother so I could remember her. I was a small child when she passed away. I remember my mother trying to explain to me what death was and that she died…but I don’t remember her.
What’s one thing that really scares you?
Idiots, they’re everywhere…even the mirror!
What one dream have you not completed yet and do you think you will be able to complete it?
Duh? As far as will I be able to complete it…I just don’t know. More interested in moving on with life while keeping my options open. And supporting others during their struggle.
If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be?
Still would be my RE to grant us a free cycle of IVF.
I would like to nominate the following bloggers for this award.
For her ability to reflect on her own viewpoint reminds me to keep an open mind. It’s okay to have an opinion, but it’s healthy to challenge yourself and listen to others.
For reminding me I still have other dreams to strive for. That dreams are achieved through hard work. I wish nothing but the best on her dream of being a full time writer.
For her magic ability to make me laugh and cry at the same time. Her candid posts touching on her own insecurities, fears, joys and heartbreak are always worth reading.
For being candid and open about his own infertility journey. He gives an inside look into the adoption process in the U.K. Exposing how adoption is not as simple as going to “Kids R Us” and picking one out. All the while finding the humor to be had along the way.
The reality is we have men and women serving our country that protect our freedoms, liberties and families. Yet if they suffer from infertility, there is no assistance to help them attempt a family of their own. Her letter to the First Lady is a reminder of the fight ahead of us against the concept that IVF is an “elective procedure.” I’d like to take this time to thank both Mr. and Mrs Ginger for their service to our country. As well as all the men, women and their families in the military. Thank you!
Thank you Cindysn @ http://pregnancyviaivf.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for a Leibster Award. This being my first award nomination, I hope I don’t screw it up.
- Answer 11 questions posed by the nominator.
- Nominate 11 blogs for the award.
- Create 11 questions for those I nominate to answer.
First I’m supposed to answer 11 questions posed by the one who nominated me…
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? On my own yacht so I could easily move somewhere else when I got bored.
- What is your favorite food? Besides dessert…Spanish Steak.
- What is your favorite holiday and why? Christmas….COOKIES!
- If you could be any person for just one day who would you be? My RE so I could award my Wife and I a free IVF cycle.
- If you could have dinner with 3 people, dead or alive, who would they be? No one specific, just 3 people I could be myself with for the evening without fear of sticking my foot in my mouth.
- What is your favorite season? Autumn. Cooler weather with beautiful colors of nature.
- If you could change anything about yourself what would it be? That I enjoyed exercise.
- What’s the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you? You can read all about it here.
- If you could pick one super power to have what would it be and why? Any super power I know I would end up abusing for my own self serving reasons. Even though I would want to use them for good. It’s best that I don’t have a super power. But if forced to choose it would be teleportation so I could just avoid traffic.
- What is your favorite movie of all time? American Splendor
- Why do you blog? To communicate my feelings to my wife that I have trouble saying out loud. To connect with other individuals who understand what I’m dealing with. To keep infertility from driving me insane.
Next I’m to nominate 11 others for the award who have under 200 followers. Well crap! I like all the blogs I’m following and those following me. If I had more time I would follow several more, but I spend too much time on wordpress as it is. Several I like already have hundreds of followers. And Cindysn already nominated many of my faithful followers. I’ll just nominate those I would like to see more support for, many who are now in the middle of their journeys.
- bethanybosha @ http://boshababyjourney.wordpress.com/
- Sunnyside & Scrambled @ http://twogoodeggsblog.wordpress.com/
- Courtney @ http://allthesunforyou.wordpress.com/
- Leighann @ http://mininoves.wordpress.com/
- Barrenart @ http://barrenart.wordpress.com/
- Samantha @ http://maybebabyivf.wordpress.com/
- cmdcupcake @ http://mydailyaffirmations.wordpress.com/
- lalawhy @ http://lalawhy.wordpress.com/
- ivfdream @ http://ivfdream.wordpress.com/
- TG @ http://chickandeggs.com/
- mybrokenoven @ http://mybrokenoven.wordpress.com/
Whaa!!! So many I want to nominate, so little room!
Now what questions should I ask…
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- Describe one feature you wish WordPress had that it doesn’t.
- What quality about yourself are you most proud of?
- Describe your fondest childhood memory.
- Tell me about your first car.
- Who inspires you and why?
- Tell me the most recent joke you’ve heard that was really funny.
- What do you want others to remember you by?
- Which question above do you wish I hadn’t asked?
- What question didn’t I ask you wish I had?
- Do you think I made up the last two questions because I ran out of questions?